• Home
  • Dependency and HOPE Court
  • DCYF & CPS Information


The Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) operates numerous programs throughout the state in support of children and families. the two agencies we see the most in Dependency (Child Welfare) Court are the Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS) and Child Protective Services (CPS). If a child has been removed from the home by a state agency or official, one or both of these offices will become involved in your case.

CPS is the office that is charged with investigating reports of child abuse and/or neglect. They are the agency who would be immediatly involved if a Peace Officer were to order a child taken into custody. If a Dependency proceeding is filed, CPS will stay involved in the case initially, and then the case would be transitioned to a caseworker in DCFS. That caseworker would be following the child's case until such time as the case was dismissed.

CPS and DCFS are both located in the same bulding as follows:


Kelso DCFS
711 Vine
Kelso, WA 98626

Reception:  (360) 501-2601  
Toll Free Intake:  1-888-713-6115  
Toll Free Reception:  1-800-281-2372  
After Hours:  1-800-562-5624  
Fax:  (360) 577-2382  
TTY:  1-800-833-6388  

The Kelso Office serves families in the following geographic areas:


Ariel, Carrolls, Castle Rock, Cathlamet, Cougar, Grays River, Grays River, Kalama, Kelso, Longview, Rosburg, Ryderwood, Silverlake, Skamokawa, Toutle

Zip Codes

98581, 98603, 98609, 98611, 98612, 98616, 98621, 98625, 98626, 98632, 98645, 98647, 98649


Cowlitz, Wahkiakum

Rod Eddleston Visitation Center

DCFS also operates the Rod Eddleston Center (REC) which is a more natural setting for visitation between children in foster care and their parents when in-home visitation is not appropriate. The visitation facility is located at the same address.


Case Concerns

If you have concerns about how CPS or DCFS has handled your case, you should try to discuss the matter with a supervisor. If you cannot get an acceptable resolution, you can contact the Office of Children and Family Ombudsman, where people can get help and file complaints.

Office of the Family and Children’s Ombudsman
6840 Fort Dent Way, Suite 125
Mail Stop TT-99
Tukwila, WA 98188


Toll free phone: 1-800-571-7321
Phone: 206-439-3870
TTY: 206-439-3789
FAX: 206-439-3877

Print Email

TELEPHONE: (360) 577-3085
TTY (800) 883-6388 OR 7115
Superior Court Administration Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
KELSO, WA 98626
Building Hours - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM