Dependency Public Defenders

Posted in Child Welfare

child welfare attorney iconThe State of Washington Office of Public Defense (State OPD) provides court-appointed lawyers for most indigent parents in Juvenile Court Child Welfare matters. This is done through their Parents' Representation Program. The attorneys often work in several different courts, and have offices in several counties. Their contact information information is below.

The Dependency Public Defenders office is not part of Superior Court, and this information is provided merely as a public service.

Rights of Parents

Responsibilities of Parents

Parent Representation

Gene Graff

871 11th Ave Suite 1
Longview, WA 98632
Phone (877) 437-1616

Meredith Graff

1508 Broadway St
Vancouver, WA 98663
Phone (360) 694-9947

Ryan Busby

108 E Mill Plain Blvd
Vancouver, WA 98660
Phone (360) 213-2040

Jamie Foster

871 11th Ave, Suite 1
Longview, WA 98632
Phone (360) 501-8078

Roger Priest

211 E McLoughlin Blvd
Vancouver, WA 98663
Phone (360) 281-7314

 Elle Couto

871 11th Ave, Suite 1
Longview, WA 98632
Phone (360) 423-0575

Youth Attorneys

In many cases attorneys are appointed to represent minors in dependency matters. The following lawyers are only assigned to represent children in dependency matters.

Jeff Petersen

1315 14th Avenue
Longview, WA 98632
Phone (360) 442-4101

Kelly Buschman

1801 1st Ave Suite 1A
Longview, WA 98632
Phone (360) 578-7430

 Necole Michael

1801 1st Ave Suite 1A
Longview, WA 98632


In any particular case, you may be assigned a different lawyer than any of those listed here. If that occurs you will be given the attorney's contact information when you attend Court.
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, you will need to call your attorney’s office and make an appointment.  Tell the receptionist the above court dates and that you must meet with your attorney before those dates.  You needn’t talk to the attorney when you call—merely schedule an appointment with his/her receptionist.  If an answering machine is your only contact when you make this call, please leave your name and number and your attorney will get back to you.