Requesting a Guardian ad Litem

Requesting a Guardian ad Litem

If you have a case where primary residential placement, parenting or residential plan provisions, Joint custody, or third party custody is an issue, you may need a Guardian ad Litem appointed for the children involved. In some cases the Court may appoint a Guardian ad Litem even if you have not requested one.

If you wish to have a Guardian ad Litem appointed, you will need to file a request with the court by filing a motion and noting it on before the court.

All of the forms needec EXCEPT for the Order of Appointment can be downloaded from the State Court Website at THIS LINK. if for some reason that l ink does not work, yuou can locate the full State Court Forms Website at THIS LINK.

Cowlitz County requires the use of a modified Order of Appointment which can be found on our forms page at this link, or from the links directly below.

Link => Cowlitz County Guardian Ad Litem Order - Word

Link => Cowlitz County Guardian Ad Litem Order - PDF

Title 26 Guardian ad Litem biographies

Print Email

TELEPHONE: (360) 577-3085
TTY (800) 883-6388 OR 7115
Superior Court Administration Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
KELSO, WA 98626
Building Hours - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM