Appeals in Superior Court

The purpose of this page is not to provide legal advice about filing an appeal or revision, but rather to point to the resources which you may find of use if you decide to file either an appeal or a motion for revision. If you have questions about how to file an appeal, or whether you should file an appeal, you should contact an attorney familiar with that area of the law.


Appeals in Superior Court are generally governed by the statewide Rules of Appeal.

Appeals from a Superior Court Judge's decision must be filed within 30 days of entry of the final judgment.

The process for requesting a copy of the recorded record of a hearing may be found at Requesting a Copy of Your Hearing.


Appeals from a Commissioner's decision which is reviewable by a Superior Court Judge is called a revision. Revision rules can be found at RCW 2.24.050.

Revisions from a Supeior Court Commissioner's decision must be filed within 10 days of entry of the final judgment. A ruling on a motion for revision may also be appealed using the regular appellate rules.

Appeals from lower courts to the Superior Court

The Superior Court serves as the appeals court for the county Courts of Limited Jurisdiction (District Court and the various Municipal Courts.) You can find information on the process for those cases from the District Court Appellate Rules section of the AOC website which can be found at the link below:




Print Email

TELEPHONE: (360) 577-3085
TTY (800) 883-6388 OR 7115
Superior Court Administration Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
KELSO, WA 98626
Building Hours - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM