Due to COIVD Restrictions residents are not allowed visitations until they have completed a 72-hour COVID Hold. This hold starts at the time of their intake. Residents will receive one free 10-minute phone call to accommodate this restriction.
- Each youth are provided two 1 hour visits a week with parents and/or legal guardians only that start anew on Sundays.
- All visitors must present a valid photo ID.
- Visitation will not be granted if identification cannot be confirmed.
- Visitation is first come first served and will not be accommodated if visitation is full.
- Visitation hours are:
- 10:00am -11:00pm Saturday and Sunday
- 1:00pm-2:00pm Saturday and Sunday
- 7:00pm-8:00pm Daily
Click here for the full Visitation Information.
- Youth are provided the opportunity 2 times a week to write their parents and/or legal guardians.
- Cowlitz County Juvenile Detention will provide 2 stamps a week for the youths parents and/or legal guardians only. If youth want to write anyone outside of parents and/or legal guardians, they will have to provide their own stamps.
- Parents can bring stamps in and provide them to detention staff or they can send them in the mail.
- Anyone can write to a resident in detention unless it is another detention facility, jail, prison, or someone they legally aren’t allowed communication with.
- Residents are allowed to call their parents and/or guardians 2 times a week on a request basis.
- Calls will be made any time after 6:00pm and will show up as a blocked caller.
- Residents cannot receive incoming phone calls unless it is their clergy, attorney, or caseworker.