Civil Case Process

Frequent questions about how to process a case using the new Civil Case Processing Rules.

Civil Case Process

Scheduling Cases

In order to set a trial date in a civil matter in Cowlitz County Superior Court, you must first file a certification that your matter is ready for trial, that all discovery is completed, and there are no more pretrial issues pending. The certification form is part of Local Rule 40. A step by step walk through of the process can be found HERE

on 01/27/2015
Was this helpful?

Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) feature is an ongoing project. As we receive numerous questions on a particular issue, we try to add an answer to that question, so that you don't need to try and find someone to answer some of the more common questions we hear. It is available to the public 24 hours a day, unlike our staff. We don't expect this section to replace your ability to contact us with questions, nor do we expect that every question will be answered here.

If you are reading a divisional FAQ and want to go to the Full FAQ section, click HERE.

Credit for some of the answers you will find here go to the Northwest Justice Project, volunteer lawyers who have assisted us in adding information we think will be of assistance to you.

TELEPHONE: (360) 577-3085
TTY (800) 883-6388 OR 7115
Superior Court Administration Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
KELSO, WA 98626
Building Hours - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM