Do I need a hearing?

In many cases, you may want the court to enter orders before you get your final dissolution decree and other orders. These are called temporary orders and you will need to schedule a hearing.  If you are having an emergency, you may be able to ask the judge to enter an emergency order or an Ex Parte Restraining Order and Order to Show Cause.  If the court has given you emergency relief, you will also need to schedule a court hearing.

If you are afraid that the other party may injure or threaten you or your children, the court can issue special orders to help protect you and your children from harm.  For more information about getting a Protection Order, contact Emergency Support Shelter at 425-1176 or the statewide domestic violence hotline at 1-800-562-6025.

on 11/16/2014
Was this helpful?

Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) feature is an ongoing project. As we receive numerous questions on a particular issue, we try to add an answer to that question, so that you don't need to try and find someone to answer some of the more common questions we hear. It is available to the public 24 hours a day, unlike our staff. We don't expect this section to replace your ability to contact us with questions, nor do we expect that every question will be answered here.

If you are reading a divisional FAQ and want to go to the Full FAQ section, click HERE.

Credit for some of the answers you will find here go to the Northwest Justice Project, volunteer lawyers who have assisted us in adding information we think will be of assistance to you.

TELEPHONE: (360) 577-3085
TTY (800) 883-6388 OR 7115
Superior Court Administration Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
KELSO, WA 98626
Building Hours - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM