General FAQ

General FAQ

If a court orders money paid by one party to a lawsuit to another (damages, attorneys fees, child support are common examples) the Court will enter a "Judgement" or official record of the money owed. A creditor can garnish wages or bank accounts, but only if a judgement exists in most cases. Filing an order which includes a judgment is called "Recording". When you pay or are paid money owed on a judgment, a document called a "Satisfaction" is recorded, which is an official record that the money is no longer owed.

The Clerk's office maintains the records of all judgments recorded in Superior court. You can look up on the AOC website to see if a judgement has been recorded or satisfied. the links for those offices are below:


Superior Court Clerk      AOC Case Lookup


on 01/30/2015
Was this helpful?

Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) feature is an ongoing project. As we receive numerous questions on a particular issue, we try to add an answer to that question, so that you don't need to try and find someone to answer some of the more common questions we hear. It is available to the public 24 hours a day, unlike our staff. We don't expect this section to replace your ability to contact us with questions, nor do we expect that every question will be answered here.

If you are reading a divisional FAQ and want to go to the Full FAQ section, click HERE.

Credit for some of the answers you will find here go to the Northwest Justice Project, volunteer lawyers who have assisted us in adding information we think will be of assistance to you.

TELEPHONE: (360) 577-3085
TTY (800) 883-6388 OR 7115
Superior Court Administration Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
KELSO, WA 98626
Building Hours - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM