i-ACT is a program that is offered for moderate or high risk youth who are on probation with Cowlitz County. i-ACT is designed to work with the youth individually to address criminogenic needs using current researched based best practices of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
i-ACT consists of 2 Phases., with a total of 24 meetings. Phase 1 of i-ACT consists of one introductory lesson that includes a parent or connected adult, followed by 16 lessons (six lessons in Social Skills Training, six Lessons in Self-Control Training, four lessons in Problem Analysis) and one transition lesson to Phase 2. Phase 2 focuses on real life application of the skills learned during Phase 1.
Possible Social Skill lessons include topics such as:
- Making a Complaint
- Understanding the Feelings of Others
- Getting Ready for a Difficult Conversation
- Dealing with Someone Else’s Anger
- Keeping Out of Fights
- Helping Others
- Dealing with an Accusation
- Dealing with Group Pressure
- Asking for Help
- Setting a Goal
- Expressing Affection/Appreciation
- Following Instructions
- Avoiding Trouble with Others
- Dealing wth Embarrassment
To learn more about the program, the i-ACT Brochure is available.