Cowlitz County CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) is the voice of abused and neglected children within the dependency court system. The following key position is currently open:
1 – VOLUNTEER ADVOCATE COORDINATOR I (FULL TIME)
This position provides support to volunteer advocates on assigned cases and investigates and monitors unassigned cases to advocate for the best interests of our children.This position will also participate in training of new advocates and in ongoing training as needed.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Case management
- Volunteer Advocate recruitment, support, and training
- Filing required reports
- Ability to work with multiple agencies within the child welfare system
- Safeguarding of client confidentiality
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in social services, psychology, or related field
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups
- Excellent time management skills
- An understanding of issues and dynamics within families-in-crisis, especially relating to child abuse and neglect
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This position will include scheduling occasional evening, night, and weekend child and home visits.Applicants will be required to pass a background check. 8
|TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please email/send a cover letter, resume, the names and contact info of two personal references and two letters of recommendation to:
position is filled.
Cowlitz County CASA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.