fb  linkedin

Ex Parte Signatures

restrainn orderThe Superior Court will no longer have an Ex Parte docket as of January 1, 2015.

For obtaining a Judge's signature on a document such as default orders, agreed orders (signed off by all parties), and emergency protection orders, documents for signature should be left with the Superior Court Clerk's office located on the second floor just outside of courtroom 2.

Documents left by 10:00 a.m. with the clerk's office will be signed and every effort will be made to have them returned to the Clerk's office by 3:00 p.m. the same day if possible.

Documents signed by the Ex Parte Judge will be taken directly to the Superior Court Clerk. Conforming stamps are available in the Superior Court Clerk's office.

Process for Obtaining an Emergency Order

(Emergency, for purposes of this memo, is defined as a situation in which there exists a credible threat of imminent and irreparable harm to person, property, or a legal right.  Service deadlines are not an emergency.)

  1. Contact a Judicial Assistant via telephone.  Provide information regarding the emergency, the timeframes you are available to appear at Superior Court Administration, and a phone number where you can be contacted.  A Judge may request to review pleadings related to the case.
  2. The Judicial Assistant will relay the information and the request to a Judge.  A Judge will decide whether the matter is an “emergency,” and indicate time of availability.  The Judicial Assistant will inform you of the Judge’s decision.  If the Judge determines the matter is an emergency, bring the ex parte document(s) to Superior Court Administration within the specified timeframe. If the Judge determines the matter is not an emergency, the party may note the matter for a hearing.
  3. At Superior Court Administration, give your ex parte document(s) to the Judicial Assistant.  The Judicial Assistant will give the ex parte documents to the Judge for review and possible signature.  Thereafter, the Judicial Assistant will provide the signed ex parte document(s) (either granting or denying the relief requested) to the Clerk’s Office for filing.

Copies of documents and orders are available from the Superior Court Clerk for a fee. 

Documents may also be submitted for signature by mail or courier. Send any documents together with any fees needed (contact the Superior Court Clerk for current fee schedule and instructions). There currently is a $30.00 handling fee for documents submitted to the Clerk's office for processing.



Print Email

TELEPHONE: 360 577-3085
FAX (360) 414-5506
TTY (800) 883-6388 OR 7115

KELSO, WA 98626
Building Hours - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM